You are here because you got your Windows 10 pc and you may be facing some difficulties understanding the changes that microsoft made in win 10. Her Get help with File Explorer in windows 10 as we tell all the features and shortcuts to this new feature by Microsoft.
Get Help With File Explorer in Windows 10
Microsoft replaced the Windows Explorer with the File Explorer in Windows 10. File Explorer has been noticeably tweaked & modified in Windows 10. Along with the new interface, File Explorer features a lot of new services.
A lot of Windows 10 users are getting confused on how to use these new tools of File Explorer, on the other hand some are not aware of the features of the new File Explore. Well, if you are one of them then you need not to worry as in this article we are going to cover the new features and some other useful functions of File Explorer in Windows 10.
There are two methods how to open the File Explorer :
- First method is by classic start menu and after that just click on File Explorer in right side.
- The second method is by click on This PC icon on your desktop.
File Explorer Windows 10 Features
First things first, let us discuss the main features of the File Explorer in Windows 10. Here are some of the new or changed features of the Windows File Explorer in Windows 10:
Windows has moved plenty of functions from File Menu to File Explorer. However, still some of the functions remain. The File menu now lets users open new instances of Command Prompt and Windows Powershell.
File Explorer Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts
- Windows key + E – open a new instance of File Explorer from anywhere in Windows.
- Alt + P – show/hide the Preview pane.
- Alt + Shift + P – show/hide Details pane.
- Alt + left arrow key – go back one folder in history.
- Alt + up arrow key – go up one folder in folder tree.
- Ctrl + N – open new File Explorer window.
- Ctrl + E – activate Search bar.
- Ctrl + Shift + N – create new folder in the current folder.
- Ctrl + mouse wheel up or down – increase/ decrease the size of icons and thumbnails.
F1 feature is not working ?
Old users of Windows 7 was used to find help by F1 feature, but this feature is not working in Windows 10 anymore. So how to get help in Windows 10 for now if F1 feature is not working ? In these days we use search box from start menu also called Cortana, to find all informations how to properly use the new Windows 10. Actually this approach is even better than old F1 feature. Cortana will look at anything in a second and you will find answers and tips.